- 0606.October.SundayNo events
- 0707.October.Monday2625 Park Road, Blacksburg, SC, United Stateshttps://www.ncssar.org/event/238th-anniversary-of-the-battle-of-kings-mountain-2/2625 Park Road, Blacksburg, SC, United States
The National Society Sons of the American Revolution,
The Kings Mountain Chapter, North Carolina SAR, and,
The Daniel Morgan Chapter, South Carolina SAR,
Invite you to attend
The 239th Anniversary of the Battle of Kings Mountain
SAR, DAR, C.A.R. and other patriotic and lineage societies & chapters are invited to participate in a formal wreath laying ceremony at the United States’ Monument. Participants presenting a wreath must deliver it to the Visitors Center no later than 9:30 am on October 7th for labeling and transportation to the monument. Transportation will be provided for those needing assistance to the monument. Continental, militia or period attire is encouraged.
Please complete and return the registration form provided on the following page and no later than Saturday, September 21st for the registration to be included in the printed program. Registration forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the event can be directed to email@example.com.
The Courtyard by Marriott located at 110 Mobile Dr, Spartanburg, SC 29303 is the official hotel for the 2019 Kings Mountain anniversary. A room of $105 plus tax is available. The hotel can be reached at 864-585-2400. Mention the SAR block of rooms.
The deadline for making a reservation at this rate is September 13, 2019. Additional hotels are available in Gaffney, SC, Gastonia, NC or Kings Mountain, NC.
Directions to Kings Mountain National Military Park (The park is located on South Carolina Highway 216)
– From Spartanburg, SC, take Interstate 85 NORTH to North Carolina Exit #2 and turn RIGHT. The Visitors Center is located approximately 5 miles on the left.
– From Charlotte, NC, take Interstate 85 SOUTH to North Carolina Exit #2 and turn LEFT. The Visitors Center is located approximately 5 miles on the left.
Calendar of Events
Sunday, October 6th
TBA – OFNA Meeting at Courtyard by Marriott, 110 Mobile Dr, Spartanburg, SC
4:00pm – South Atlantic District, SAR Meeting Courtyard by Marriott, 110 Mobile Dr., Spartanburg, SC
6:00pm – “The Night before Kings Mountain”
Cowpens National Battlefield, 4001 Chesnee Hwy, Gaffney, SC
Presented by the Overmountain Victory Trail Association
Monday, October 7th
9:30am – Deadline for delivery of wreaths to Kings Mountain Visitors Center
11:00am – Wreath Laying Ceremony at the United States Monument
3:00pm – Arrival of the Overmountain Victory Trail Marchers / Commemoration Ceremony
Registration forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registration so that it will appear in the printed program is Saturday, September 21st.
- 0808.October.TuesdayNo events
- 0909.October.WednesdayNo events
- 1010.October.ThursdayNo events
- 1111.October.FridayNo events
- 1212.October.Saturday4215 Mt. Sinai Drive, Yadkinville, NC 27055, USAhttps://www.ncssar.org/event/battle-shallow-ford-2/4215 Mt. Sinai Drive, Yadkinville, NC 27055, USA
The Bethabara and Yadkin Valley Chapters
North Carolina SAR
Invite You to Attend the 239th Commemoration
Battle of Shallow Ford
11:00am, October 12th, 2019, Huntsville, NC
At the historic Huntsville Methodist Church,
4214 Mt. Sinai Drive, Huntsville, NC
After the ceremony, a luncheon will be held across the street at the Battle Branch Café,
2505 Farmington Rd., Huntsville, NC 27055
Please register for wreath presentations and Color Guard by October 2nd, 2019.
Mail your RSVP to: Fred Learned 4030 Dresden Drive Winston-Salem, NC 27104
or email: FDLearned@gmail.com