- 0202.November.Saturdayhttps://www.ncssar.org/event/sc-gov-john-peter-richardson-sar-grave-marking/Old Quaker Cemetery713 Meeting St, Camden, SC 29020, USA
Grave Marking Service for
Former SC Governor and 1st President of the South Carolina SAR
Saturday, November 2, 2019
9:30am at the Old Quaker Cemetery in Camden, SC
John Peter Richardson, III, was the 83rd Governor of South Carolina from 1886 to 1890. It was during his term of Governor that the South Carolina Society SAR was founded and he was appointed its first President.
If you will be presenting a wreath or participating in the Color Guard, you are requested to register by 9 AM. The ceremony is hosted by the Compatriots and men forming a new chapter in Florence, SC; the Compatriots and men revitalizing the Colonel Joseph Kershaw Chapter in Camden, SC; the Compatriots of the Colonel Matthew Singleton Chapter in Sumter, SC; the Compatriots of the Colonel Thomas Taylor Chapter in Columbia, SC; the Compatriots of the Godfrey Dreher Chapter in Lexington, SC. Please remember that we will be honoring our first State President, every chapter in South Carolina should be represented at this ceremony! So please attend!
For more information, please email Guy Higgins at email@example.com.
- 1414.November.Thursdayhttps://www.ncssar.org/event/dinner-with-first-lady-abigail-adams/Hilton Charlotte Executive Park Hotel5624 Westpark Dr, Charlotte, NC 28217, USA
Mecklenburg Chapter Invites You & Guests to Attend
Dinner with First Lady Abigail Adams
Thursday, November 14, 2019
6:00pm at Charlotte Executive Park Hilton
We are pleased to welcome Ms. Abigail Adams! Abigail Adams was the wife and closest advisor of John Adams, as well as the mother of John Quincy Adams. She is sometimes considered to have been a Founder of the United States, and is now designated as the first Second Lady and second First Lady of the United States, although these titles were not used at the time.
Historical interpreter Nora Wood will portray Ms. Adams.
Tickets will be $34 for adults and $17 for children.
More details on RSVP’s as the date nears.
More information from Jay Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1616.November.Saturdayhttps://www.ncssar.org/event/raleigh-ncssar-chapters-fall-yorktown-dinner-november-2019/NC State University Club4200 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Canceled: email from Bob Sigmon
Raleigh NCSSAR Chapter’s Fall Yorktown Dinner at University Club
Saturday, November 16, 2019 – Prompt at 5:30 PM
- Cash bar at 5:30 and Dinner at 6:30 PM
- Cost: $35/Person
- Dinner will be buffet – Menu:
- Tournedos of Beef in Madeira Mushroom Demi
- Stuffed Chicken Saltimbocca
- Caesar Salad
- Sliced Tomatoes Caprese
- Roasted Winter Root Vegetables
- Honey-Orange Glazed Sugar Snaps and Bell Peppers
- Roasted Asparagus, Grape Tomatoes and Crimini Mushrooms
- Key Lime Pie
- Warm Fruit Cobbler with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Dress: Business Casual, Suit, or Period Dress
- Guest Speaker: Earl L. Ijames, Curator of North Carolina Museum of History
- Topic: “The Revolutionary War was more of a Civil War”… and the Civil War was more Revolutionary than Civil…
Please mail back your reservation to me as soon as possible. Or you can email or text me that you are coming.
Send a check payable to “Raleigh Chapter, NCSSAR” to:
Robert Sigmon, President, Raleigh Chapter
1104 Carrington Drive, Raleigh, NC 27615
Ph. (919) 349-8245 (mobile) or (email) email@example.com
- 2121.November.Thursdayhttps://www.ncssar.org/event/gen-g-washington-chapter-meeting-2-2-2-2-2-2/Cypress Glen Retirement Community (Aerobics Room)100 Hickory St, Greenville, NC 27858, USA
General George Washington Chapter Meeting!
Our monthly chapter meeting occurs every 3rd Thursday of each month, except December.
We meet inside the Aerobics Room at Cypress Glen Retirement Community in Greenville, NC.
7:00pm each 3rd Thursday
For more information, please contact George Strunk at firstname.lastname@example.org.